vineri, 9 octombrie 2009

My Vampire Story part 5 - The lie

I stepped careful into Roxanne's frontyard asking myself if her family would recognize me, if my friends would recognize me too. The beautiful big house was split in two. In the front part of the house  Roxanne's uncles were living in harmony. In the back Roxanne's family. To go to Rox I had to pass her uncles test first.
No one came to greet me so I supposed they either were not at home, either they were in the back. That was good news, at least if i had to invent a good story they will all hear, no need to lie again. Most probably I would forget my excuse in the first place. I was not a good liar, so I wasn't sure what I supposed to lie to explain my absence or my transformation. I knew I was beautiful now and all white, statuesque and a little bit taller. They'll figure it out eventually.
When I got to the back of the house I was surprised to see everyone I knew there: Roxanne, Michael, Gerald, George, Michelle, Richard, Roxanne's parents and uncles, everyone was there. Of course Sasha told me there was the weekly meeting of the members of the group, but I really didn't expect to see them all. Sasha took care of them for me.
My mission as a vampire now was to take care of my friends while they were humans and transform all of them.
They turned their heads to me and smiled. I was shocked. No hard feelings for leaving them? No reproaches?What was going on?
"Jullie, oh Jullie", Michelle said, "It's so good to see you back!" and she jumped in front of me to greet me. "Oh, you're so cold, poor thing, it's probably too cold outside" she said when she embraced me. She smelled so delicious. It was the first time I noticed it. I had to turn my head and take a big breath in before I could answer to her embrace. Vampires could go on without oxygen, but if I stopped breathing I would become a statue and everyone would make the difference, breathing made me look full of life. I wasn't different from the others. Just my body was cold. I looked and acted exactly as a human being. Only that now I was beautifull and I attracted every single person around me, cos vampires always attract their victims. Only that in time their thirst and wild nature calmed and they decided to live among people and use them. I did not use my friends, I just wanted to help and protect them and offer them the one thing that man has always desired for himself:immortality. One way that could make us be together forever. This was the reason for which I accepted Sasha's request of helping her.
"The autumn wind", aunty said
"So, how was the reality show?" Michael asked "I see they changed you quite a lot, you even grew taller a little bit"
I looked at them and I thought for a moment that I got crazy. What in the world had Sasha told them?
"Oh yes, the reality show", I said "they are pretty good huh?"
"Why couldn't we see it?" Michelle asked
"Didn't Jullie say it was only for the bulgarians?" Richard asked
Sasha said I was doing a reality show where? In Bulgaria? I haven't been there in my whole life as a human. Of course there was no problem to go there now. I could go on a hunting, to check up some bears but still... Did Sasha lost her mind? Bulgaria?
"Yes, Richard is right" I said. I had no idea about Bulgaria what so ever,not to mention their reality shows so it was an opportunity to..."
"Guys, she just got here, let her a few minutes to recover herself" Roxanne said
I managed to enter the porch, I had to embrace everybody Roxanne, the boys, Roxanne's relatives and I think they all realized how cold I was. I tried to smile and look happy and content.
My place was there in their arms and hugs, and laughs and smiles.
"So guys, umm how much do you know about my leaving" I asked
I was scared I had to invent things in the next minutes but to my surprise everybody knew the story. One day I told them while we were chatting on the internet that I was supposed to be a part of a reality show. This would help me to become beautiful as I always wanted. And because they knew how much I wanted this they supported me. They said it was so nice to keep them informed, they even talked to the doctor that operated me personally.
"It was really so nice of you to keep us informed, Jullie" Michael said
"Yea, it was amaizing you didn't miss any detail" Richard said. It was actually Sasha pretending to be me on the internet.
"That's why we got a surprise for you" Roxanne's mother said
A surprise? No one said anything about any surprises. I thought I would be the one to surprise them. But they were not at all surprised. They even knew everything about me.
"What surprise?" I asked
"Well, the doctor that you were so found of and took care of you is here" and there she was:Sasha went out of the kitchen, the only place where I didn't managed to go yet...
"My dear", said Sasha coming to greet me"let me look at you. Aren't you beautiful? Is she not"
"Yes, she is" everybody said
"You did a fine job doc" mother said
"Sasha" I whispered embracing her and then whispering " Remember me to fight you when we get home"
"Come, let's join your friends together and tell them the hole story"
I was happy Sasha was there, so she already knew my friends and she could help me explain everything without making the hole thing look weird. One thing I didn't like though was that she talked to them at my back. It was my choice what to tell them and how to act. Not hers.
The talk seemed endless, we said the story thousand and thousand times, again and again until I've become bored. Not missed a single thing, just as Richard said earlier. I had to walk to the garden and take air several times so that their smell wouldn't kill me and force me do something I didn't want to do, but most of the time was ok. Sasha did very good on the other hand. Her long years spent among people were obvious. She had enough experience in dealing with them face to face.
The heroines of the day were Sasha and me, which bothered me a little. But it was all right for a first meeting.
I forgot how fast the time could pass when I was with them. They were pretty much the same persons that were when I disappeared. Didn't change much. After all there has been only two moths. They had a trip on the mountains and a wedding party and that were the only events I missed. I saw the pictures and the films and had fun.
I saw Sasha becoming one of us all the time we spent there. She was just as happy and funny as we were. We..., not the good word. Me, the vampire and our human friends. One day we will all be vampires and be happy I thought to myself.
Richard and Michelle were usually the leaders... they decided when they wanted trips to the mountains or parties, or just hang out. Gerald and George were Richard's best friends. Roxanne was my friend and Michael sometimes Mike was in our group. We were all funny when we met, always saying jokes and doing funny stuff, always having good time together, always trusting each other. That's why it was so easy for them to believe me. One day guys... one day... we will be even happier...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu