luni, 30 noiembrie 2009

Vampire story - part 14 - The visit

I accompanied Gerald during the time he visited his parents. I promised him he would see them so we went there. At first they were scared because they heard about his accident, but when they sow him alive, sound and save they came to their senses. He was white and cold but of course this was because of his skin operation. The accident was pretty bad.
They would probably realize much further that their son would remain young and they would grow old, but we still got time by then. For now the operation was the perfect lie.
The dinner was pleasant, in the end I let Gerald alone with them and went to visit Richard. Richard and Gerald lived in the same town, they were almost neighbours.
"Oh Jullie, Gerald greeted me, come in, come in. To what miracle do I own the pleasure?"
"To the miracle that Gerald is back in town," I said "He came by to see his folks"
"That old bastard is out of the hospital?" Gerald ask
"Yes he is, sound and save"
"Well, finally some good news , though the jerk could not come by and say Hy, couldn't he?
"He'll come by Rich, I let him talk alone with his parents, but he'll pick me up in a few moments"
"Well I long to see his dirty face" Richard laugh
"Actually it's quite white" I said
"Indeed, you might think he is dead... but he is not" I continued
"How white?" asked Rich
"White like ... mine"
"Oh, well than it's good, you're not dead, you're pretty much alive"
I could contradict him, but it would have been a stupid thing, I wondered if Richard sensed anything strange when he was beside me. If he could feel that I was cold, or if there was something to disturb him, but he did not seemed disturbed.
I sat down on the couch and turned the TV set on.
"Hum Rich?"
"Yes"
"Don't you feel anything wired when I'm around? I mean don't you feel a little uncomfortable?"
"Uncomfortable? With you around? You must be joking right?"
I sighted. I did not know if I was glad or sad. Glad because at least he didn't notice anything wired, sad because I could not tell him the truth. He could not realize by himself either.
Richard went into the kitchen to prepare something for me. One more problem, I had to explain him that I was not supposed to eat anything.
The door ranged and Ger showed up.
"Hey Rich"
"Gerald, old bastard. You finally dear to show up." They embraced each other laughing, but Richard started to trumble."Gee, you're damn cold"
"Well I lost some blood, must be because of that"
"You're damn right you lost something, your head" Richard cried "Please sit down, can I get you anything? Juice, bear?"
"No thanks, we're in a rush"
I was glad Gerald said that, I could not manage to find myself an excuse for not eating
"No bear? How hard did you hit your head bro?" asked Rich
"Hard enough to hit yours if you piss me off" it was Gerald style to say aloud what he wanted.
"Ok, ok, no need to be aggressive"
"So, where's Michelle" I asked, weren't you supposed to be together?
"She's with my mom. They're up to something, I don't know what"
"If I"m not mistaken Rich I think you're birthday is coming up this month, am I right?"
"Yea, Juls, you're right. They must be going shopping on something, less chat on my head"
We all laughed. I let the boys play a little on the PlayStation to remember good old times, Richard drinking bear after bear, Gerald a little stiff.
When Michelle and her mother in low returned we raised. We were about to leave.
"Leaving so soon?" Rich cried
"Come on guys, I just got here" Michelle said "you could stay for tonight"
Not a good ideea.
"It's late Michelle" Gerald said "we have to get to Jullie's parents in time"
My parents were the best excuse, they always wanted me to be home before midnight, of course Michelle and Richard did not know that I haven't seen my parent for a few months, and I was not willing to see them.
"Well ok, but I thought she leaved with Sasha now?"
"Yes, but I want to see my family too. They go to bed early"
"Well, ok. Though you could go there tomorrow"
Finally we left. We were both exausted, but managed to recover flying back to Sasha, who was talking to the older vampire. They were trying to find the dimension were the all seeing guy was and bring him into ours.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu