duminică, 15 noiembrie 2009

Vampire story - part 12 - The library


Gerald and I were floating through the mansion. I showed him all the rooms: the big kitchen, the enormous living room, the stairs, the first and the second floor.
"This is Sasha's house" I said
"It's big, it's beautiful" said Gerald
"Yes, isn't it?"
"What's this?" asked Ger pointing to a wooden door
"This? Aaa the library"
"The library? Well let's see what does Sasha reed?"
"It's not such a good idea"
"Why not?"
"I tried once to enter but Sasha doesn't like strangers in her library, she says she has her medical books there and that she doesn't want anyone to change their order."
"We'll just have a look, come on, maybe she has something about vampires, like who we are, who created us"
"There are myths if you are interested, Ger"
"I am"
"Why do you bother so much, I mean we are vampires and that's it right, we're immortals, that's cool, it should be enough for you"
"I want to know who created us, where we come from, who we are"
"You're not gonna find that in books, books are written by men. You need myths, I've told you"
"Myths are many and we don't know who created them, but a book, an author, an idea, it's something else"
"I doubt you'll find something in Sasha's medical library"
"That's exactly why I want to look there"
The two entered the big room, to see three rows of shelves full of books going from the floor to the ceiling. The books looked very old, ancient, rare, expensive.
"Wow, Sasha really has fortune in here Jules. Look at all this books. They are so old they must make a fortune now"
"Sasha has the books from the time she was human" I explained
"I can see these books are older than the world herself, look Jullie papyruses"
"Wow, I never saw one before"
"There are all medical treatises all right, some old literature and look black magic?"
"It makes no sense, vampires doesn't need spells, they can have whatever they want" I said
"Yes, but still black magic books?"
"Actually there are all kind of books: white magic, grey magic, green magic, red magic, black magic, astrology, divination" said Sasha in a loud voice. "There's also a dimension tracker here somewhere."
"Sash we just" I tried to explain
"Why do you need this kind of books?" Gerald asked
"Because I'm a witch"
"A what?" I was amazed.
"My grandmother was a gypsy, she had gifts, she could foretell the future exactly, she could also cure people, from her I have my talents, I can see the future and I can practice medicine, as you I have tried for many years to explain who we are, where we come from, how we got our gifts, but I had no luck. You see Jullie, when I saw you lying in the street that day, hit by the car I saw you becoming a vampire. I knew. That's why I chose you. And I have also seen Gerald becoming one of us, and I have seen things about him he didn't said. Like that innocent girl you killed"now, Sasha was looking deep into Gerald's eyes
Gerald felt ashemed
"You killed?" I frowned "Innocent blood?"
"I didn't know, I didn't wanted she forced me Sasha, you say you saw it all explain that to Jullie" Gerald seemed wild
"You were trapped by her" said Sasha
I looked at him with tears in my eyes. He killed an innocent for a woman, for a vampire.
"But it was all for the best, now you know your gift don't you?"
"Yes, I know"
"You have a gift?" I asked him
"All the vampires have one, Jullie, you have one too, we'll just have to wait and see what it is"
Sasha said to me
"I know you already told me, but I've shown no particular gift by now"
"No problem, it will come out eventually"
"Now tell her your gift Ger" Sasha encouraged
"I can read someone's mind. That's how I knew what Laureen was thinking, that she was going to come here and kill you. You have to believe me Jullie, it was not my fault"
"You shouldn't have left in the first place. You should have listened to me and to Sasha" I screamed and I left the room slamming the door behind me
"Why? Why did you tell her? I could tell her about my gift, you should not tell her about the girl" Gerald cried
"She has to know the truth and I have to know it too, are you able to resist without human blood Gerald, like we do? Are you able to be one of us before I'll tell you all my secrets, or you'll betray us like you did before?"
"I told you, you can trust me. You should have talked to me alone, Sasha"
"Next time mind your own business, and don't put your nose into someone else's business. That's a warning, don't come to my library again if we mess things up here, I'll never find the guy that sees all dimensions"
"You think he is here? in this library?" Ger asked
"In one dimension lost out there"" Sasha answered
"Than use your dimension tracker and just find the guy to turn us back into what we were, better than vampires anyway." Ger screemed and left her and the library running after me, he caught me up in my room, now our room. It was not such a pleasant idea anymore.
Suddenly sharing my room with an innocent blood drinker was not such appealing to me.
"Jullie please listen to me" he asked
"I don't want you in my room. Talk to Sasha to give you another and you can also take your gift and do something with it" and I sat furiously on the bed.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu