miercuri, 21 septembrie 2011

Vampire story part 20 - Sasha's work in hospital and her words brings resolution in Gerald's heart



"I figured I might find you two in here" Sasha said breaking the silence around, Mike turned to her staring trying to see her for the first time as what she was: a vampire. "Can I have some chat with our friend?" she asked me "Wanna make him some tests.'' "Oh, I said, it's ok, please Sasha see if you can help him" then I turned to Mike and told him: "Go with her, don't be afraid, she'll help". She took Mike to the hospital to her lab and took blood samples from him.She also called for Ger she said she needed the two of them to clarify things. Sasha didn't like friends fighting.
"This should do" Sasha said pulling the syringe from Mike''s arm. Mike tried not to yell.
"It's ok if it hurts you, it means you are alive you know?" she tried to comfort him with her sense of humor. "You people are so funny, when something hurts you, you all cry like babies instead of realizing how precious life is while you have it, we (the vampires) don't feel the pain", "here" she said showing Mike another syringe "Pull it into my arm, come on... I'm not like you" Mike looked at her for a while, but as Gerald showed him his teeth, then he grabbed the syringe curioussly and pulled it into Sasha's arm. Sasha started to laugh "Now pull it out", he listened her orders and pulled the syringe, blood started to fall from Sasha's hand but in few moments her arm was dry and no tracks of syringe on it. "See? no harm, we don't feel the pain"
"How perfect it must be, how marvellous" Miked exclaimed "At the begining, in the first years I admit it was cool, but then when you see all those people dying and suffering and you yourself not... it's like you'd start to question your own existence, you start to ask yourself if you are real" "And then you kill people and drink their blood" "I drink synthetic blood and no I don't kill people I treat them, the more I cure the more I feel alive and having a sense of my prolongued existence. It's my own way of saying thanks for what I am" "This is amazing" Mike exclaimed. Gerald seemed to also understand her. "You know Mike don't be afriad of blood, blood doesn't hurt you it cures you; this man here is a banker, he's in the hospital for two years, he has a wife and three children but he is going to die from cancer in a few months, do you see him crying? No he's sending emails to his family, this other woman has leucemia but she is not down, she does charitable work for other people who suffers from the same sickness as hers till her death comes "Sasha started to show Mike and Ger the hospital.
"Why don't you save her and kill her, it wouldn't hurt her" "And risk not having who to help the sick ones? No, her mission in this world is to save a few lifes, she must fullfill her mission here before dying like everyone else does.Every person has his own mission in life."
"We have a mission?" "Yes, even you have one" "What's mine?" "Protect your loved ones even if it's hard for you to believe this. This goes out to you too Gerald. I can feel that you still hate Jullie, but I'm the one who transformed Jullie in the first place." Gerald's face became even whiter. "You should forgive her you know. It's not her fault. I'm just too ambitious.You see... having known the guy that sees through all dimenssions, I had always suspected we could overcame this. So it didn't bother me to gather a few friends to protect me till time was right to end, but your hatred towards her is pointless. The outcome would be the same, me transforming her in order to get into your group of friends."
"Why our group, why us of all the people in the world" Gerald demanded to know
"Quite so, why us" Mike asked
"Because of George."
"George?" Mike wanted to know why
"Yes, you see he is my twin soul, and I had always had a hunch, but I had to confirm it. I had to find my twin soul, so now I have found him. It's all about twin souls.And Jullie is yours Ger"
I started to feel Ger's hatred melting and him becoming more and more relaxed by my presence after hearing Sasha's words. Also seeing Sahsa working in the hospital and realizing she had helped so many people over the many decades she had lived, made him stop hating her too.
He gave me a look as if he would apologize to me and I knew it would be the only thing I'll get. So feeling no hatred in him would be enough for me. This way we might have a chance, not now but maybe one day when it would all come to an end and we would have some peace for us.
"When time comes, you'll be one of us, but only then no sooner." "Why?" he was like a baby crying repeating the same question over and over again:why was he not transformed "cos these are the laws and you must obey, I can't play with your destiny and you can't play either, I learned this long time ago, I tried to transform a man into a vampire out of the desire to have a friend, but the time haddn't come yet for him so he died, he never returned from the grave to be one of us, so I ended up desperate and upsed for killing a man, that moment I decided I would not kill again, and the synthetic blood occured to me, he was my first and only victim. No man should ever be transformed into a vampire or killed by one for his blood and that's it and that's what our mission is to stop this. And when time comes we will all gather and fight our enemy and change everybody back." For the first time Gerald seemed to agree with her.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu